Everyone wants clean, clear and beautiful skin. Are we doing all the right things to help us get there? Probably not!
So we thought we would share with you our top 10 tips for clear, healthy skin.
1. It may be an obvious one, but clean your skin. Wash it morning, night and after exercise to remove all make-up, sweat and dirt.
2. Don’t pop your pimples, we know this one can be very difficult but popping can cause inflammation and lead to more acne.
3. Clean your make-up brushes! These can harbor dirt and bacteria which causes breakouts. You should be washing foundation brushes once a week and other loose powder brushes every 2-3 weeks.
4. Exfoliate regularly (but not daily) this can help get rid of the built up dirt and oil that makes its way into our pours. Once removed, can make pours shrink and also help stop breakouts.
5. Don’t neglect your neck and chest, we are all guilty of doing this but if we don’t remember, they will be the first places to show signs of ageing… saggy, wrinkly skin, no thank you! So start out by using your facial moisturiser on those areas to help with the aging process.
6. Get to bed early, this is the best time for your skin to rejuvenate. Sleep deprivation slows your circulation, which is why you can look pale and washed out when you haven’t got enough sleep.
7. Keep your hands off your face, every time you touch a pimple you are causing inflammation, even when you simply touch your face you are adding bacteria to your skin which in-turn causes breakouts.
8. DRINK WATER! It’s like miracle juice, drinking at least 2L of water a day can do wonders for your skin, personally when we stop drinking as much water as we normally would, we notice it on our skin straight away, so put down those coffee cups (Just kidding, we couldn’t do that either) but seriously make sure you are drinking enough water each day and you will notice improvements in your skin.
9. ALWAYS wash off your make-up. I know there are nights when you stumble into bed and can’t be bothered taking off your clothes, let alone washing your face, PLEASE DO IT. Your skin will thank you for it.
10. Calm down, in this day and age with work and life in general this can be difficult, however, stress hormones can lead to blocked pores and blackheads which then lead to pimples!
What tips do you have that work best for you, we would love to know!!
Emma & Jane