As you’ve seen splashed all over social media and across the pages of every fashion magazine, like any great trend, chokers have come back into style. If you’re anything like us you lusted after these as a kid once you saw the likes of Christina Aguilera wearing them (yup showing our age), now that you’re a bit older you may be thinking twice about adding a choker to your outfit but never fear, we have a few tips below to help you feel more comfortable about digging through your draws to pull out those 90’s statement pieces.
- As we said above, chokers are a statement piece so adding one to a plain outfit will make it more interesting
- Don’t be afraid to add a choker to a feminine outfit, we like to add white chokers to more girly outfits, this is a great place to start for beginners too.
- Wearing bold thick chokers with off the shoulder tops are a perfect addition, again for beginners, off the shoulder tops are your best friend when trying out a choker for the first time.
- If you don’t like the look of a thick choker, we love tie up, wrap chokers which you can tie up and leave the longer pieces dangling so it’s more of a necklace look.
- Don’t be afraid to wear more than one, doubling up a thin choker along with a wrap choker looks amazing with a simple outfit. Think white T, jeans and heels.
- Let your inner boho babe escape, if you find chokers too harsh, find a thin one, team it up with a loose t-shirt and maxi skirt. This will leave you looking like the ultimate boho chick.
Our key piece of advice would be to not limit yourself, you can literally wear a choker with any outfit and make it look amazing. Think of chokers as slightly tighter necklaces. Trust us, once you find the right style for you, you’ll be wanting to rock it everywhere!
You can purchase all of the amazing chokers we have styled here – Minimalist Jewellery