Even if you haven’t made working on your health and fitness a 2016 New Year’s resolution, being healthy and active should be part of everyone’s daily routine.
Below we have listed our top 10 ways to keep motivated and on track to a healthier lifestyle!
- Remember why you are doing this, whether it’s to get rid of those Christmas kilo’s or just to eat healthier, remembering why you wanted to start is always a good idea to keep you going.
- Give yourself micro challenges, even if you are a novice when it comes to exercise, start small with running for 1 minute at a time, you will find yourself running 5km in no time.
- Workout with other people, on days when you really don’t want to get out there and be active they will push you to do it. You will be glad they are there even if you hate them at the time J
- Remember there’s a balance, don’t cut out every single treat that you love, eat moderate portions, you want to reduce not just eliminate all the “bad food”, you will find yourself craving them even more if you do.
- Invest in new workout clothes, I don’t know about all of you but if we have amazing, bright coloured workout gear it makes us want to get out there and move! Go buy yourself something new and show it off at the gym or on your next run.
- Get up early 3 days a week and workout before work, we all know how easy it is to think of something to do after work so we no longer have the time to work out.
- Keep a food diary, it’s amazing how much you can eat without even realizing it, if you write it down you are more likely to be conscious of what you are putting in your body.
- Plan your food and workouts for the week (We love to plan!!) If you plan your meals and workouts it makes things a lot easier and you are more likely to eat better and actually get out there and exercise.
- Drink water!!!!!! If you feel hungry but you have eaten, drink a big glass of water. A lot of the time our brain will tell us we are hungry when in fact we are just thirsty. Ensure you are drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Eat regularly, skipping breakfast can lead to extreme hunger and this will have you reaching for those not so good snack food items.
Good luck with your health kick and we’re always just an email away with support!
Jane & Emma